(Photo: The Voice Nigeria)
The Top 10 Blind Auditions From 'The Voice Nigeria' Season Two
The second season of the hit reality singing competition, The Voice Nigeria, just rounded up its 'blind auditions' and this year's crop of talents (or surprising lack thereof) had us missing the show's much stronger debut season.
While no audition even came close to Chike's memorable rendition of James Arthur and Emeli Sandé's "Roses" or Nonso Bassey's "Kiss From A Rose" from last season, we still got a couple singers that are worth rooting for.
So, after suffering through some pretty painful auditions (sidebar: shouting does not equal singing), we at Konbini have been able to make what we believe to be the ultimate ranking of the second season's best blind auditions.
1. Joy Ebiem singing Waje's "One Naira"
2. Anna Cedric singing Asa's "So Beautiful"
3. Isaac Aloma singing Ruby's "Okay"
4. Kendris Ologidi singing Christina Aguilera's "What A Girl Wants"
5. Jahtell Ilem singing P!nk's "Freaking Perfect"
6. Blessed Eke singing Praiz's "Folashade"
7. Amarachi Ugoeke singing Katy Perry's "Wide Awake"
8. Daniel Diongoli singing Bez's "Zuchiya Daya"
9. Ifeoma Onu singing Whitney Houston's "When You Believe"
10. Viewers' Choice: Sandra Osamor singing Nigeria's national anthem
While we are not as crazy over Sandra's operatic rendition of our national anthem, it's the most popular audition for a reason – because Nigerians are very patriotic– so it just had to make the list.
By Daniel Orubo, published on 24/07/2017